Well... it did. That's what I have been doing all day. I had my books organized by genre last year, and I really liked it. This summer my goal was to find out each book's DRA level and put it on the book. But then I took a 6th grade position from a 4th grade. At my new school, the ELA teachers don't organize books by DRA... they organize them by grade level equivalency (which I really do not want to do). So I am back to genres which is fine except last year I kinda guessed on the genre of each book. I want to be more thorough with my library, so I looked up each book's genre using Scholastic's Book Wizard. Then I spread out all my books and started piling them. By the end, my living room looked like this:
1) I didnt use all the labels.
2) I needed doubles of some labels but didn't want to print out 3 more labels I was not going to use.
So tonight, I made my own labels... well for all my Fiction books. I'll work on Non- fiction next week. Like Beth, I used Printshop in making my labels and once I made the template for how I wanted my labels to look, all I had to do was go to google images and find the book covers I wanted on my labels. It really didn't take too long. Here is what they look like:
I will be attending a 3 day math conference, so I might not get to it until the end of the week.
Hope this helps some of yall!